Welcome back! Next up in my Iron Stamper series is my layout. This is called a Progressive layout as you start with a small sized layout (in my case an 8×8 layout) which you mount onto increasingly larger sizes until you finally have a 12×12 layout.
Here’s the finished layout.
Isn’t she gorgeous? That’s my youngest, Christine, taken last Easter on an egg hunt. Just love the close up of her chocolate covered face!!
Here is my 8×8 page.
I started with an 8×8 piece of Blushing Bride card stock to which I added a strip of one of the patterned papers from the Spring Fever Simply Scrappin’ kit
and a punched border strip of Chocolate Chip. The photo is mounted onto a piece of 5×7 Whisper White card stock. Across the bottom I stamped and embossed my favourite image from the Mixed Bunch
stamp set. I used my Jayne’s Type Alphabet
stamps for the ‘C’ which I mounted behind the 1-1/2×2″ Beveled Window Pane
(also in my Iron Stamper kit but I forgot to mention it before – oops!) I threaded the 5/8″ Whisper White Organza Ribbon
through the Window Pane and, to help it pop, mounted it onto a Lucky Limeade Blossom over a sticker from the Simply Scrappin’ kit.
Next I created this 8-1/2×11″ page.
I used my Hello Doily
stamp to stamp a Blushing Bride doily slightly off the page and embellished it with a Large Pearl
. I then mounted this piece of Whisper White card stock onto an 8-1/2×11″ piece of Chocolate Chip card stock. The title took me a bit of time to figure out. I started with my Alphabet Soup On Board
letters to which I adhered some Daffodil Delight card stock. I inked the edges in Chocolate Chip but they still looked flat so I stamped them with the Mixed Bunch stamp that I’d used on the 8×8 page – in tone on tone Daffodil Delight.
The little picture of Christine was mounted onto Chocolate Chip card stock and I used Dimensionals to pop it off the page even more. Behind the picture is a cluster of stickers from the Simply Scrappin’ kit.
And last but not least, my 12×12 base layer. I started with the vertical strip of patterned paper from the Simply Scrappin’ kit then added a strip of Daffodil Delight card stock that I’d edged with my Scallop Trim Border
punch. On top of that is a border sticker from the Simply Scrappin’ kit and then finally 3 more pictures of my cutey mounted onto Melon Mambo card stock (from the SS kit).
Here’s a look at it coming together.
The starting 8×8 page.
Added onto the 8-1/2×11 page.
And finally, here’s another look at the finished 12×12 page.
I will freely admit that this page took me awhile with lots of trial and error but the final result is (IMHO) stunning! I love all the layers! I would never have incorporated so many if I hadn’t been purposefully making this a progressive page but I think I will have to use this approach again.
Hope you enjoyed it. Stay tuned for my cards!
If you liked this post, say thanks by sharing it with your friends.