Welcome to another Scrapping Our Stash blog hop!
We took a couple months off during the chaos that is late November, and December, but we are back with more inspiration to help you bust through that ever growing scrapbook paper stash!
You should be arriving from Lee-Anne’s blog but if not, have no fear. The entire hop list is at the end of my post to help you out.
Today I am sharing a cute little treat holder made from a toilet paper roll that is perfect for Valentine’s Day. If you’re super ambitious, you’ve got enough time to make one for every kid in your child’s classroom … or just your own children. As I will be doing!
Here’s what you need to make one:
I go through them in the video below but in case you need a printed list, here you go (links are affiliate links for products as close as I could find to what I used):
- Empty toilet paper tube
- Scissors – large for cutting through the tube, smaller for detail cuts
- Paper Trimmer
- Paper scraps of varying shades of red and pink
- Paper scrap large enough to cover the toilet tube in a contrasting colour
- Scrap of white, black and yellow or orange card stock plus another for the stamped sentiment
- Circle punches in varying sizes – I’ve used a 3/8″, 3/4″ and 1″
- Flower punch (make sure the petals are separated a bit) or a heart punch
- Liquid glue – I used Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue but a white school glue will work just fine
- Ink in colour that compliments your other paper choices (I used a medium brown) plus an ink applicator tool
- Alphabet stamp set OR cute owl themed phrases stamp set
- Stazon ink in a colour that compliments your owl (I used brown)
- A circle punch or die large enough to cover the end of the tube (1 3/4″ would be perfect)
- A large heart die or punch for the wings (could download or create one for your electronic die cutting machine)
- Crop-a-dile and twine or ribbon for hanging – if you make this into an ornament
Here’s the video showing you exactly how I made the owls.
So, what do you think? Pretty cute, huh?
My girls have been looking at these with great curiosity since they appeared in my Scrap Cave. If they knew there was chocolate kisses inside I’d have to start locking my door!
Now you’re off to Juliana’s blog but here’s the list in case you get lost. Have fun and enjoy your weekend!
Alison http://alisondaydesigns.com/ <<< YOU ARE HERE>>>