Hi everyone! Welcome to my little blog! Hopefully you are here for the Pre-LOAD213 Blog Hop and you have come from Heather’s blog … if not, head on back to her blog to start at the beginning. Although I suppose it doesn’t really matter if you start from the beginning, middle or end, just as long as you’re here and enjoy the Hop!
Some of my fellow Scrap Happy Sisters and I have decided to put on this Hop to get you in the mood for LOAD. Not familiar with LOAD? Well then, let me start by saying that LOAD stands for LayOut A Day and is run by our Scrap Happy Fearless Leader Lain Ehmann … or should I say our Scrap Happy Super Hero Lain? 🙂 (Little inside joke there!) She leads us through a month of creating one layout every day using (or not, whatever floats your boat) a different prompt each day. This will be my … 5th (had to stop and think!) LOAD. I have had various degrees of “success” completing a full LOAD but I’ve ALWAYS had fun!
And that’s what our theme is this time around … indirectly. Check this out.
Isn’t he a happy little guy? We are going to be Scrapping Happier next month!
How? Well, I’m glad you asked! When I said we will be creating one complete layout a day for 28 days some of you may have gasped and thought, how is that possible? I work full time, I have 6 kids, and a horse, and a sick Auntie who I take daily meals to … No worries Mate!
Insert gratuitous Hugh Jackman picture here.
(Another inside joke!)
There is NO PRESSURE to “finish”. There are NO SCRAPBOOK POLICE patrolling the Flickr boards wondering where your layout for 2/13/13 is. There is NO WALL OF SHAME for those whose lives got “in the way” (gasp!) of scrapbooking (is that even possible?!) In short, THERE ARE NO RULES!
Oh, I lied, there is one rule …. SCRAP HAPPY!
With that in mind, here are my top 5 tips on HOW TO SCRAP HAPPY DURING LOAD213.
1. Be prepared (see this post
for my tips on getting prepped for LOAD). Short version, stock up on essentials.
2. Wake up every morning excited to watch a new video from Lain! Yay!! Is there a better way to greet the day than by hearing Lain’s voice?
3. Don’t forget to breathe. Once every few seconds should do the trick!
4. Put a small (or large, whatever makes you happier!) dish of your favourite candies next to your scrap table. If you need a pick me up, a shot of energy or just something that makes your tongue sing happy songs, then ingest one or two (handfuls) of the aforementioned candy and carry on scrapping.
5. DON’T PANIC! And if you are about to panic because your dog just ate the picture you were going to use that went perfectly with the prompt Lain gave and the piece of Authentique paper you smuggled home past your husband’s watchful gaze, then STOP … BREATHE … and Google images of Hugh!
I hope I have got you to laugh today. Maybe while you’re laughing you’ll remember that in the end this is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby for us all. Don’t take it or yourself too seriously and I know you will scrap happier!
Thanks for stopping by today. Now head on over to Dani’s blog
for some more ScrapHappier advice! If you’re not signed up for LOAD yet (and why not, may I ask?!) you can go to Lain’s site
and see if there are any spots left. You won’t be sorry!! See you in February!!
If you get lost along the way, here is a list of all the participants today. Have fun!!
Heather Dubarry: http://noexcusescrapbooking.com
Katrina Forman: http://k84mansramblings.blogspot.com
Oh, and if you liked the tone of this blog post, or you just want to know why I keep showing you pictures of Hugh Jackman
, you may like being a part of our ScrapHappy community
. We are pretty much like this 24/7 on the message boards. Funny, irreverent, sassy and extremely helpful!
See you on the message boards!
If you liked this post, say thanks by sharing it with your friends.