Hi everyone! Welcome to Saturday!
I am currently on board the Disney Wonder, slowly making my way back to Vancouver. Even though I know how jam packed with activities the cruise companies like to keep us, I decided I might need a tiny bit extra to keep me busy. I’m not a huge fan of trivia games, bridge tournaments or a lot of the other types of activities offered on cruise ships! So, before I left, I packed a kit of supplies to keep me crafting. Christmas Market season is fast approaching so I need to restock my card displays!
Take a look at what I put together with my current Simon Says Stamp card kit, as well as some of my older ones I’ve yet to touch.
It’s hard for me to pack light! At least I’ll have plenty of options, right?
I actually ended up taking out the April kit. I’d made a few cards from it already and in the end decided to go with the kits I’d not played with so much yet.
My essentials for On-The-Go crafting for card makers:
- 6×6 paper pad
- 8.5×11 card stock in colours to complement your patterned papers, plus white and cream.
- stamp set with a variety of sentiments plus images to complement your paper choice
- acrylic blocks
- ink pads – black, brown and one or two colours to match your papers
- sequins, enamel dots, or puffy stickers
- bone folder
- adhesive – tape runner, glue dots, liquid adhesive like Glossy Accents, and dimensional adhesive
- paper trimmer
- Baby wipes or some other way of cleaning your stamps. (I forgot this in my video but added it to my kit later)
- Post-It note pad to make notes about additions you want to make once you’re home again with your full stash
- Optional Items: ink blending tool for inking your edges, needle, thread and paper piercer for sewing on your cards, ribbon, buttons or brads if that is something you normally add to your cards, washi tape.
I can’t wait to have some down time to play!
Have a great weekend and I’ll see you again soon!